Wednesday 30 April 2008

Actual fat loss??

I got home from work this afternoon and I decided to take some stats, they aren't going to go in my stats but I was interested to see what they were.

My weight had increased slightly, and my % body fat has dropped, this got me thinking if I had no idea that my body fat % had decreased and I had only seen my weight increase I would be quite dissapointed, but I know that the weight increase has actual been due to increased muscle. and that my body fat has decreased.

This got me thinking should I really worry too much about my overall weight and should I set myself a target for this weight? or should I just concentrate on the body fat %.

I decided to do a few calculations, I multiplied my weight against my body fat %, I'm assuming that this will give me the weight of body fat on me. By my calculations I have dropped from 43.5 pounds of fat to just under 41 pounds of fat so I have lost 2.5 pounds (1.1kg) of fat.

To help me visualise this means I have pretty much lost over a kilo of lard. I couldn't find a photo of 1kg of lard I could only find this, which is about 500g I think:

No comments: